Here are five ways to market your eBook.
- Give it away for free. While that might sound counterproductive, it’s a great strategy to build momentum for your book and create a buzz. The majority of books are sold due to word of mouth – this means when you give your book away (for a limited time only) you get people talking about the book. When people can no longer download it for free – they are then forced to buy!
- Ask for reviews. The higher the rating your book receives the more it will show in the search engines on book sites like Amazon. Be sure that you ask everyone to review your book to help drive more organic traffic.
- Be a guest blogger on related sites. Post a guest blog about your book topic or an excerpt from your book on other blogs with high traffic. Give them a taste of what the book offers inside and then lead them back to your site to make the purchase of the entire ebook.
- Give away a chapter for free. People like to “preview” books. Think about hitting the bookstore. Do you simply look at the cover and make your purchase or do you also check out the table of contents, read the first chapter, and flip through the pages?
- Use all the traditional online avenues. Integrate social media, your website, a blog, and videos into your book marketing. But – don’t try to do all of it at once. People receive information differently, so using multiple strategies will help you cast a wider net in reaching the perfect buyer for your ebook.
These are just a few great ways to market your ebook. My last tip for you is to remember – never – ever give up marketing your book/ebook.