“What’s the ONE thing I should invest in when it comes to marketing?”
I had just one answer, and one answer only.“Man-power!”
Knowing what it takes to sell a book – I’ve realized that no investment is worth it, except that of man-power to get things done.
The one marketing expense authors should invest in will help to:
- Book speaking engagements
- Find reviewers to review the book online
- Write and manage social media posts
- Respond to publicity opportunities
- Write press releases, blogs, and/or other marketing material
- Find blogs for you to be a guest on
- Search for book awards to apply to
- Contact local bookstores to get your book on the shelves
- Set up events, book signings, and sponsorships
- Design advertisements, write copy, and create marketing materials
The list could go on, but I think you get the point. You could pay for things like ads in a magazine, booths at a convention, or other random opportunities. But there’s no help, like a helping hand to create more exposure, reach more of your target market, and get your book into the hands of people who read it and pass it along!